Holy Monastery of Xenophontos

It was built in 1070 A.D. and unfortunately suffered several disasters over the years. The impressive katholikon of the monastery is adorned with mosaic icons of St. George and St. Demetrios. Today, 300 manuscripts and about 4000 printed books and pieces of honest wood are kept in the monastery. The monastery is inhabited by about 45 monks and celebrates May 6 (Julian Calendar - the feast of St. George).