Skete of Saint Demetrios of Mount Athos

Thirty minutes north of the Vatopedi monastery is the Skete of Agios Dimitrios, in a densely wooded landscape full of majesty and majesty. Its main church, called "Kyriakia", was built in 1755 and its exonarthex in 1806. The library contains manuscripts and printed matter. The monks are mainly engaged in agricultural work and few in handicrafts. It has 15 cells and the same number of monks.

Ten minutes from the monastery is the famous cell of Agios Prokopios, whose original construction dates back to the 11th century. It is built in an overwhelming landscape and has frescoes of the Macedonian School.